Image Map

Friday, July 31, 2015

Five for Friday- July 31


Summer is almost over... WHAT??



This is my sweet friend, Alyssa. We met 5 years ago in college when we were counselors at a summer camp here in Texas. She was from Tennessee and I was from Texas, but this relationship has been one of the biggest blessings in my life. We only get to see each other 1 or 2 times a year, but it is such a sweet time when we do. God knew what he was doing when he sent her to me. I got to see her for a whopping 24 HOURS this week. My heart is very happy. 




I tackled the world of Chalk Paint this week. I have been intimidated by it for the longest time. But, my sweet husband made me this table for our entry way, and I did not want to just stain it. So, I tried my hand at this. I just use Folk Art Chalk Paint from Joann's . I did not wax it after, because quite frankly I didn't think I could do it. I painted the chalk paint on, used sandpaper, and ta-da! Our entry way is done! 



This bucket has been empty for about 3 months. We put it in our front flowerbed with the intention of decorating it, and it never happened. Since I was already feeling crafty, I finally made the sign to put in our flower bed. I would give you a picture of the whole flower bed, except it is Texas, and my Marigolds are a HOT MESS right now. 




I have been in my happy place the last couple of days. Jordan and I met my family down in Port Aransas yesterday. It has been a nice relaxing way to end the summer. 



I finished my Chevron Classroom Decor set this week! It has been on my to-do list all summer. I also finished a chalkboard set, but I am working on uploading them to TPT. The beach in my priority right now ;) See the Bundle here: Chevron Classroom Decor Bundle

Thank you Doodle Bugs Teaching for this Link Up! 




No comments:

Post a Comment